Tomorrow evening you are hosting your first wine tasting party ever but you are a little nervous about the potential for spills on your new carpet. The last thing you need is a red wine spill during your party to ruin a great time. With a little thought and preplanning you can make sure you have an emergency spill plan in place. Preparation is the key to insure an accidental red wine spill doesn’t ruin your evening and your new carpet. Here are some tips from BioDryClean to help you with carpet cleaning red wine stains in Columbia and Jefferson City, MO.
There are two different methods you can use and both seem to work rather well. Chances are you have everything you need right in your kitchen for both methods. Here is a list of the ingredients you will need to have handy:
- clean white cloths or paper towels
- clean sponge
- 1 quart pan or bowl
- Baking Soda
- white vinegar
- Dawn dishwashing soap
- warm water
- cold water
- As quickly as possible, with a clean cloth or paper towel, blot (don’t scrub) as much wine as possible from the spill area. Use extra weight or force on the cloth to extract as much of the spill as possible. Keep blotting with fresh cloths or paper towels until you have removed as much of the spill as possible.
- Take about a cup of clean cold water and pour it onto the stained area. Repeat the blotting step as described in step “A” until no trace of the wine stain is transferred to the cloths or paper towels.
- Make a baking soda paste by mixing 1 part baking soda to 3 parts warm water. Brush the paste liberally over the spill area and allow it to dry. You can use a fan to speed drying if you wish. Thoroughly vacuum after drying.
- Repeat step “a” from method #1 above.
- In a 1 quart bowl add 2 cups of warm water, 1 TBSP of Dawn dishwashing soap and 1 TBSP of white vinegar. Stir to mix.
- With a clean sponge, sponge the cleaning solution onto the stained area then blot with a clean cloth or paper towel. Repeat sponging and blotting until the stain has lifted. Blot as dry as possible then fan dry.
A little preplanning can take the stress out of accidental spills onto your new carpet. If you need the services of a professional to assist with carpet cleaning red wine stains in Columbia and Jefferson City, MO, give BioDryClean a call at (573) 590-2491. We offer 100% organic, eco-friendly dry carpet cleaning that is guaranteed safe for kids and pets in the Columbia and Jefferson City, MO area.