Its summer time and the kids are home from school. Kool-Aid is a staple in many households especially in the summer months. Often times despite your best effort accidental spills occur. No need to let those spills ruin your day. Keep a spill kit ready at all times and you can easily minimize or completely remove Kool-Aid stains. The following method describes how to remove Kool-Aid stains from carpet in Columbia and Jefferson City, MO:
Method to Remove Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet
- As quickly as possible, with a clean cloth or paper towel, blot (don’t scrub) as much Kool-Aid as possible from the spill area. Use extra weight or force on the cloth to extract as much of the spill as possible. Keep blotting with fresh cloths or paper towels until you have removed as much of the spill as possible.
- Take about a cup of clean warm water and mix in approximately ½ teaspoon of mild dish washing detergent. Blot the cleaning solution onto the spill area with a clean sponge working from the outside in. Blot dry with clean paper towels.
- Mix a solution of white vinegar (1 cup) and water (2 cups). Using a clean sponge, blot the area with the vinegar solution again working from the outside in. Blot dry using clean paper towels. The stain may be gone at this point. If so, proceed to step E. If not, proceed to step D.
- If the stain is still visible, prepare an ammonia solution by mixing 1 cup of water with 1 tablespoon of ammonia. Test your carpet for color fastness in an inconspicuous area before applying to the stain. If safe to use, apply with a clean sponge again working from the outside in. Blot dry with clean paper towels.
- The final step is a cold water rinse. Use about 1 cup of cold water to rinse the area and blot dry using clean clothes or paper towels. Fan dry to speed drying.
BioDryClean is always on standby to assist you with your carpet cleaning needs. If your efforts fall short and you need a professional to show you how to remove Kool-Aid stains from carpet in Columbia and Jefferson City, MO, contact us at (573) 590-2491.